1. The board has its say over the General
Manager only. The board, which should be
odd in number, should not be paid but
must be of integrity.
The board might consist of DMC graduates
and a representative from the community.
They all must be trustworthy. And these
people cannot be heads of any department.
2. The General Manager will be answerable
to the board, be ready to solve conflicts
in the departments, and have contract
with mandate limitation set by the board.
3. Members of the Steering Committee
should be paid.
4. Reporters and presenters should be the
same people so that the community people
know who are presenting news to them.
This creates a sense of trustthe
people might be confident that they are
not being cheated.
5. Volunteers from the people in the
community are called up to involve and
can be promoted to reporters/presenters
and producers if they are capable enough.
6. Funding sources should be from the
community people rather than any
organization because this is a community
7. The staff in HRM and R&D
Department are to be supervised by
quality controllers and researchers in
order to get feedback of what the
community radio is doing.
8. The community radio would be located
in Kampong Cham or Sihanouk Ville, with
around 20 kilometer coverage. There
should be about 10 shareholders working
together to set up the station.
estimated running cost:
we havent done any research on the
location where we would establish our
radio station, the estimated initial
investment should be between USD10,000
- 1 transmitter 1kw
- Antenna tower
- 2 Mixing desks, one for broadcasting,
the other one for training.
- 1 Unit CD player
- 4 Units of headphone
- 4 Units of microphone
- 3 Computers (1 for administration)
- 1 phone line
- Air con for technical suite
2. Rent ~500-700USD
3. Salary, wages and barter ?
Funding partners and supporting groups:
UNESCO, CIC (OPEN FORUM), CLUB OF
CAMBODIAN JOURNALISTS, KONRAD ADENAUER
FOUNDATION, and the community.
Local focus community development,
community security, entertainment
1. Festival a series of public
concerts that are recorded and later
2. Drama either indoor or outdoor.
3. Forums need volunteers to help.
4. Educational shows work with
organizations that promote education, and
5. Awards kind of supporting
activities that the station values by
creating an award program.
6. Sponsoring community events
local events (often with a long
tradition) that they highly value
including sport match, agriculture shows,
musical and theatrical performances,
educational projects, and welfare
initiatives, all of which are held once a